Wednesday 31 October 2012

Relevance of Topology

Topology in play

The topology in my work is of a certain standard where as every piece of work made in Zbrush is true to my art forms in every way i've developed a technique where the workload is almost doubled i know i can put the effort in and get through it eventually the angle i taken my work pace at initially is kind of stupid but the end results speak for themselves where in the end i'm seeing people having a 'fairly' true form i've got always a perfect form to where my art is identical to the model and in this case thats the key.. so laid out on paper in my sketchbooks each of the arts are measured up and ready to sculpt the process of making the character 'Yukiko' in my case started with the initial direction of anything is maya from the beginning i've image plane traced all my art in the X and Y axis on the front and side leaving Zbrush to fill in the Z space by using the divide mesh tool.


The reason why it's a longer process is that i had to do everything in maya          
before i even touched Zbrush i've already got a character with great typology resulting in a perfect 3D representation of true topology (Based on art) laid out in front of me rather than the messy see how it looks and change it traditional perspective on the work


It's been risky but so far so good and i have a body of a female created that very nice and true to my art in every way her distinct waistline and legs make it far superior with the other method of topology my colleagues have used, I think my way is better because it still means i'm learning Zbrush but the messy human error style legs aren't correct size stance is incorrect muscle displacement issues and dealt with before a computer is even turned on. of course this does have it's limitations the work load is double my peers i won't possibly get to texture my model but holy S*** i'm willing to stay up all night to get to that stage because i day i stand up there with the best model i've ever made i'll be proud. Proud that i took something else away from the tutorials of simon and made his work way my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment